Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, or NAD+, is an essential coenzyme in the body that we can not live without. It boosts the mitochondria in the cells and is involved in metabolism, neurologic and muscular function, cardiometabolic health, cellular repair, and scientists believe the loss of NAD+ over time plays an important role in the aging process.
If you are interested in finding out more about NAD+, contact functional medicine specialist Annamarie Salyer FNP-C at Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa in Indianapolis, IN to see if this treatment is right for you.
Patients who have undergone this sort of therapy report benefiting from enhanced:
- Increased energy
- Improved immune health
- Increased mental acuity
- Enhanced sleep
- Increased endurance
- Mood boost
- Reduced frequency of illnesses
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Cleared brain fog
- Detox & cleanse effects
- Improved athletic performance
- Increased energy
- Improved mental function
- Increased metabolic function
- Prevent and correct DNA damage
- Reduced inflammation
- Support addiction recovery
- Superior immune system
Conditions potentially treated by NAD+
Considering NAD+ counteracts the effects of aging and stress, it is safe to say that almost everyone can benefit from an NAD+ treatment to some degree. Below are the conditions that NAD+ may be especially effective in treating.
What to expect
- NAD+ is administered via intramuscular (IM) injection or intravenous (IV) infusion.
- IV infusions usually take about two hours depending on each patient’s tolerance of the drip.
- During the drip, some patients experience some symptoms of chest tightness and/or butterflies in their stomach, but everyone is different.
- These symptoms are completely benign, and will go away within 20 seconds of slowing the drip. We like to think of the sensation of these symptoms as our cells getting the boost of energy that they’d been working so hard for!
- Typically, our areas of issue or disease are the areas of the body in which NAD+ is lacking, thus we typically feel the symptoms in those areas. In short, you’ll feel it where you need it!
- Generally speaking, it takes about 2 hours per 250mg. So if you are getting a 500mg dose it can take up to 4 hours.
Why we love it
With its growing popularity, NAD+ supplementation is quickly becoming widely available throughout the US. Many patients report feeling noticeably different for months following NAD+ treatments, as it can be an effective solution for lessening feelings of fatigue, brain fog, slowing metabolism, anxiety, and inflammation. The most common feedback we receive from patients post treatment are feelings of increased energy, improved focus, and less recovery time needed.
NAD+ and the aging process
NAD+ stores naturally decrease in the body as we age which result in many of the common symptoms of aging (cognitive decline, slowing metabolism, heart health issues, etc.). Therefore, replenishing it can lead to slowing this process of aging and strengthening our hard working organs.
Athletic performance and NAD+
A 2010 study was done by a group of Australian scientists to investigate the effects of taking antioxidant supplements before exercising. The participants of this research were given an oral supplement, which stimulates NAD+ production. The findings were fairly conclusive. This definitely means a direct NAD+ injection or IV infusion could be even more beneficial at boosting athletic performance. As such, NAD+ therapy can assist athletes achieve their training objectives.
Where to get NAD+ in Indianapolis, IN
Do you live near Greenwood, IN, Carmel, IN or Fishers, IN, and want to find out more about the benefits of NAD+? If so, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Annamarie Salyer FNP-C at Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa in Indianapolis, IN to determine if NAD+ is right for you.