GHK-Cu is a naturally occurring copper complex that was first identified in human plasma, but has recently been found in multiple locations such as saliva and urine.
It has a variety of roles in the human body. This includes:
- promotes activation of wound healing
- attracts immune cells
- has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
- stimulates collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis in skin fibroblasts
- promotes blood vessel growth.
Evidence shows that it acts as a feedback signal that is generated after tissue injury. It acts as a potent protector of tissue. Further, it is an anti-inflammatory agent that controls the oxidative damage that occurs after tissue injury. Moreover, it plays a big role in signaling tissue remodeling which removes damaged/scarred tissue and generates new, healthy tissue.
These positive effects decline with age because the concentration of GHK-Cu in the body decreases with age.
Annamarie Salyer FNP-C is a peptide therapy specialist at Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa in Indianapolis, IN offering GHK-Cu for patients near Greenwood, IN, Carmel, IN, and Fishers, IN. She offers many types of peptide therapy treatments. Annamarie will discuss your desired results and determine the peptide therapy treatment that is right for you.
Benefits of GHK-Cu
When utilized under the care of a qualified provider, GHK-Cu may:
- Tightens loose skin and reverse thinning of aged skin
- Repairs protective skin barrier proteins
- Improves skin firmness, elasticity, and clarity
- Reduces fine lines, depth of wrinkles, and improve structure of aged skin
- Smooths rough skin
- Reduces photo damage, mottled hyperpigmentation, skin spots and lesions
- Improve overall skin appearance
- Stimulates wound healing
- Protects skin cells from UV radiation
- Reduces inflammation and free radical damage
- Increases hair growth and thickness; enlarges hair follicle size
Since GHK-Cu plays an important role in skin biology, practitioners use it in cosmetics as a reparative and anti-aging ingredient.
GHK stimulates both synthesis and breakdown of collagen and glycosaminoglycans. In addition, it modulates the activity of both metalloproteinases and their inhibitors. It stimulates collagen, dermatan sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, and the small proteoglycan, decorin. It also restores replicative vitality to fibroblasts after radiation therapy. The molecule attracts immune and endothelial cells to the site of an injury. It accelerates wound-healing of the skin, hair follicles, gastrointestinal tract, and boney tissue.
In cosmetic products, it tightens loose skin and improves elasticity, skin density, and firmness, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, reduces photodamage, and hyperpigmentation, and increases keratinocyte proliferation.
Facial benefits of GHK-Cu
Copper peptide GHK-Cu is widely used in anti-aging cosmetics (INCI name: Copper tripeptide-1). Several controlled facial studies confirmed the anti-aging, firming and anti-wrinkle activity of copper peptide GHK-Cu.
- Facial cream containing GHK-Cu increases collagen in photoaged skin, performing better than vitamin C and retinoic acid.
- GHK-Cu containing face and eye cream, improves skin laxity, clarity and appearance, reduces fine lines and the depths of wrinkles and increases skin density and thickness comparing to placebo. GHK-Cu eye cream performes better than vitamin K cream.
- GHK-Cu cream applied twice daily improves aged skin appearance, increases thickness, reduces wrinkles and strongly stimulates dermal keratinocyte proliferation. The same study found copper peptide GHK-Cu to be non-toxic and non-irritating.
Hair growth benefits of GHK-Cu
Copper peptide GHK-Cu and its analogs strongly stimulates hair growth. The efficiency of synthetic analog of GHK-Cu was similar to that of 5% minoxidil.
GHK-Cu promotes activation of wound recovery, appeal of immune cells, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory consequences, stimulates collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis in pores and skin fibroblasts and merchandising of blood vessels increase.
GHK-Cu is a safe, extensively studied compound that has a wealth of positive and health-promoting effects in many tissues and systems. It has been widely used in anti-aging and cosmetic products in humans for decades without any adverse effects and can be easily incorporated in creams, liposomes, foams or subcutaneous injections.
Schedule a consultation today for GHK-Cu in Indianapolis, IN
Do you live near Greenwood, IN, Carmel, IN or Fishers, IN, and want to find out more about GHK-Cu If so, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Annamarie Salyer FNP-C at Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa in Indianapolis, IN to determine if GHK-Cu is right for you.