The Myers’ Cocktail is an intravenous nutrient mixture that contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. This “cocktail” was developed by John Myers, M.D., a Baltimore physician who pioneered the use of intravenous nutrition for the treatment of many conditions, including:
- Acute asthma
- Chronic and acute fatigue
- Chronic sinusitis
- Upper respiratory infections
- Muscle spasms
- Seasonal allergies
- Cardiovascular disease
The standard Myers’ IV Cocktail includes:
- Magnesium chloride
- Calcium gluconate
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B5
- B complex
- Vitamin C
Preparations can vary, depending on the condition.
Intravenous nutrients are often better tolerated than conventional medical therapies. Not only do they provide people with a sense of well-being for days, weeks, or months, but are the necessary building blocks for natural physiological function.
In the case of illness, a Myers’ Cocktail is a great way to get your body back on track in an efficient manner. A great example is the recovery time after contracting the Epstein-Barr virus. Recovery from Epstein-Barr (mononucleosis) can often take months. However, as a therapy, the Myers’ Cocktail has the ability to help the body reduce the recovery time dramatically, helping it to heal more efficiently.
While side effects are rare, proper precautions and safety protocols are an important part of the Myers’ Cocktail preparation and administration.
- Sometimes patients feel heat when receiving IV nutrients at higher doses. This can occur when given too quickly.
- There is always a risk of allergic reaction, so it’s important to receive IV therapyVitamin IV Therapy in a trained and skilled environment and after a thorough evaluation.
- Rarely, people feel out of sorts for a day or two after an infusion. This may be due to sensitivity to the preservatives used in the preparation.
Make sure when receiving a Myers’ Cocktail, or any intravenous preparation, that you go to a well-trained, knowledgeable, and clean facility that specializes in administering IV nutrition. When given properly, this is a great therapy for those with acute or chronic illness, or who are just feeling run down from the normal stresses of life.