Are you embarrassed by the fine lines and wrinkles Father Time has left around your mouth and lips? Are you looking for a way to give your lips a little more volume? If you answered yes to either of these questions, read more to learn how the benefits of JUVÉDERM treatment may be a great skincare solution for you.
JUVÉDERM is a unique cosmetic treatment that is also referred to as an injectable dermal filler. This skincare treatment is used to help restore facial contours, along with improving various signs of aging. This filler can add volume to your facial tissue through an active ingredient known as hyaluronic acid.
Annamarie Salyer FNP-C is a medical aesthetics specialist at Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa in Indianapolis, IN offering JUVÉDERM injections for patients near Greenwood, IN, Carmel, IN, and Fishers, IN. She provides many cosmetic injection treatments for fewer wrinkles, smoother skin, plump lips, and fuller cheeks so clients enjoy a younger, tighter appearance. Annamarie will discuss your desired results so she can help you determine which treatment to undergo to help achieve the results you seek.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that can be found in the human body. It is most known for stimulating the production of connective tissue that plumps the skin, also called collagen. As we age, our bodies’ ability to produce hyaluronic acid decreases, which can result in the unsightly appearance of sagging facial skin, fine lines, and wrinkles. Many people use this beauty injection treatment to target troublesome areas near the cheeks, around the nose and mouth, and near the lips. Some common side effects of this skincare treatment may include things like minor pain, redness, swelling, and itching.
Benefits of JUVÉDERM
There’s a reason why JUVÉDERM is one of the most popular facial fillers on the market ‒ it works! If you want to reduce fine lines and wrinkles for a more youthful appearance, this is a great non-surgical option to consider. Some other benefits of JUVÉDERM® have been listed below.
- The Procedure Is Very Comfortable. If you’re concerned that a JUVÉDERM treatment will cause you discomfort, we’re here to put your mind at ease. This effective facial filler contains an ingredient known as lidocaine. Lidocaine offers localized pain relief, making the injection process comfortable and pain-free.
- It’s Natural. Unlike collagen injections, JUVÉDERM’s main ingredient can be found naturally in the body. This also eliminates the risk of allergic reactions among patients.
- Results Can Be Seen Right Away. Unlike other lip injection procedures that take days or weeks to show, the JUVÉDERM results can be seen immediately. With one simple treatment, you can achieve your desired volume around the lips.
- It’s A Short Procedure. The JUVÉDERM procedure is ideal for people with busy schedules because the treatment itself can take less than 15 minutes.
- Downtime Is Minimal. You don’t have to worry about canceling your plans with JUVÉDERM. Downtime is minimal for this procedure, meaning you can get back to normal activities the same day as your procedure.
- The Results Will Last A Long Time. Depending on your treatment, your JUVÉDERM results could last anywhere between six months to two years.
What to do before a JUVÉDERM treatment
Before you visit Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa for a JUVÉDERM treatment, there are a few things to keep in mind. For one, you’ll want to avoid taking specific medications up to five days before your treatment. This includes anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, herbal medications, and blood thinners. Secondly, you’ll want to eat a good meal before your treatment because afterwards, you’ll be required to wait several hours before eating again. This is primarily to make sure the injection properly integrates to your connective tissue. Lastly, you’ll want to avoid drinking any alcohol a day or two before your treatment is scheduled. Smoking is also highly discouraged before treatment.
What to do after a JUVÉDERM treatment
After your JUVÉDERM treatment, you can get back to your daily routine of working, running the kids to soccer practice, and beyond. It is recommended that you:
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol for 24 hours after your procedure.
- Do not engage in strenuous activities for the remainder of the day.
- Do not rub the treatment area for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Stay out of the sun for at least two days.
- Apply a cold compress if you notice swelling.
Schedule a consultation today for JUVÉDERM injections in Indianapolis, IN
Do you live near Greenwood, IN, Carmel, IN or Fishers, IN, and want to find out more about JUVÉDERM treatment? If so, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Annamarie Salyer FNP-C at Bion Aesthetics and Med Spa in Indianapolis, IN to determine if a JUVÉDERM treatment are right for your particular needs.
Frequently asked questions
What is Juvederm?admin2023-04-23T15:51:40-04:00
Juvederm is a smooth gel filler made of hyaluronic acid. It helps replenish volume and fullness to areas of the face.
Is getting Juvederm painful?admin2023-04-23T15:51:39-04:00
While any injection can be painful, there are ways to mitigate it. The Juvéderm XC products contain a local anesthetic. Nerve blocks, a vibration device, and ice packs can also help.
Is Juvederm safe?admin2023-04-23T15:51:39-04:00
Juvederm is safe if the treatment is performed by an experienced practitioner with extensive knowledge of facial anatomy. Results are reversible by injecting an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid.
What are side effects of Juvederm?admin2023-04-23T15:51:38-04:00
Common side effects of Juvéderm include injection site reactions such as:
- bruising, pain